Mark Titman’s design and art works explore notions of Home, Nature and The Human Condition.
- Author and Guest Editor Architectural Design; ‘The New Pastoralism: Landscape Into Architecture’.
- Winner of Winchester Housing Competition, with Calla Homes.
- Winner of Blackpool Rotating Windshelter R.I.B.A. Competition.
- Winner of Royal Park’s R.I.B.A. Drinking Fountain Competition for Tiffanys & C0., with one now built in Green Park.
- Senior Lecturer in Architecture at The Bartlett, University College London and Greenwich University
- Research Fellow at The Royal College of Arts, RCA, researching ‘The Evolution of The English Household’.
- Design Consultant to The European Space Agency, ESA, researching space habitats and comfort.
- Exhibited at the R.I.B.A., The Building Design Centre, The Business Design Centre, The Museum of Contemporary Canadian Arts, London Art Show, Bear Space Gallery and other London galleries.
- Shortlisted for R.I.B.A. Bronze Medal Award.
- Founder of The GREENwich FORUM, annual lectures and symposia exploring new “green” architects and artists achievements and ideas of Nature found in Design and Art.
- BaHons (First w. Distinction) Dip Arch. R.I.B.A. PART II
“Mark has been instrumental gaining listed building consent for a basement and side extension on our grade II listed Georgian town house located within a conservation area in Greenwich. Mark has worked with us though each step of the process – even visiting the property prior to purchase to help visualize the potential. I have no doubt planning would not have been granted without Mark’s expert knowledge and tireless enthusiasm.”
-Mr and Mrs R Lovelidge, Finance Directors, London
“Mark succeeded in turning a fairly challenging, complex extension into a logical, clear plan which sailed through the planning permission process without a hitch. For me, the investment in his services has already paid off and we look forward to turning his plans into reality.”
– Shelly Mackenzie, Operations Manager, London
“I was delighted with the open plan kitchen and family area that Mark created for us. Not only did it work very well as a living space but it was also a very good financial investment”
– Sian Murray, Investment Banker, London.
“Mark designed an extension for us that, in the words of the Greenwich Planning Officer, ‘looked like it always belonged’. Whilst our extension is in keeping with the original house, inside we have a lovely, interesting and contemporary space. The way we move around the new and original space combined, works to perfection.”
– Alison Kellerher, Portrait Artist, London.
“We would like to thank you for all of your work on the design and planning for our property. Your skill and creativity mean that we have achieved everything we wished for the house in both layout and finish and your understanding of the planning process and years of experience with Greenwich council in particular have proved invaluable. We couldn’t recommend yourself and your services highly enough. Many thanks.”
– Michelle Frost, Property Developer ADOBE, Sussex.
“Mark helped me on a porch project which was only small, but he exhaustively explored many options, prepared dozens of sketches, introduced me to local builders and ultimately gained approval for a well designed porch that was in keeping and added light and character to my home’s front door and entrance. Many thanks for your professionalism and cheeriness throughout.”
– Carol Sadan, Housewife, London
“Just wanted to email you to thank you for obtaining our planning and building consent for the proposed loft conversion. You dealt with everything very smoothly and guided us through a process that would have been far harder without you.”
– Sam Bennett, Insurance Broker, London.
“Mark produced a brilliantly simple but stunning design for our third floor extension which actually enhanced the look of our Georgian house. His keen eye and insightful knowledge of the local vernacular and Planning department made the process straight-forward and effortless. I would thoroughly recommend him.”
– Ben Parker, Graphic Designer, Winchester.
“We employed Mark for his vision with very old houses and his specialism in mixing the old with the very modern. He came up with several stunning designs and was able to successfully negotiate our favoured option with the local conservation officers. We could not be happier with the outcome and it means that our ground floor is now a real living space with the wow factor, rather than an eyesore. Our house finally feels like a proper family home.”
– Janette Weir, Financial Consultant, London.
“We’re really impressed. From initial contact through to the final planning application Mark Titman’s approach is one of empathy and great communication with us as clients, design solutions which complement our home and how we want to use it, and a real willngness to work together to get it right, along with close attention to detail. Working with Mark has been a real pleasure.”
– Daniel Goodwin, Senior Manager in Local Government, London.
“Working with Mark over the past year has been a pleasure. His experience has proved invaluable and we now have spades firmly in the ground and the project underway!..Working with Mark has been a pleasure. His experience proved invaluable and now we are almost at the end of the build we are delighted with the quality of space that has been achieved, the wonderful use of light and amazing views that we’ve managed to make the most of.”
– Fleur Nieboer, Chartered Accountant, London
“Mark provided an exceptional service throughout from very high quality, attentive designs, detailed specifications and an effective tender and contracting process which secured an excellent building contractor for a good price. The project ran without a hitch and we are very happy with the process, communication throughout, and most importantly the quality of the finished work. I have no hesitation in recommending Mark to anyone looking to commission a high quality domestic architectural and building project.”
– Russ Milburn, Managing Director, Busines Information Co., London.
“Mark is always a pleasure to work with and I call him the “Magician” for his skill in seeing the space and possibilities that exceed all expectations. Sarah too is a pleasure to work with – efficiently organizing Mark and I to focus on the project when the temptation to explore further options was irresistible.”
– Hannah Lee, Developer and McArthy & Stone, Housing Sales Manager, Dorset.
“We were down over Easter and it is all coming together wonderfully now: it is great to see your drawing coming to life. We are especially pleased with the big round window which is a master stroke. The whole house makes far more sense now and we look forward to spending time there with the family as the children grow. We are delighted with it and look forward to thanking you for all your work that made this transformation possible.”
– Celia Hawkesworth, Professor of Literature, Dorset.